Saturday, October 28, 2006

October...and the leaves are stripped bare...hahaha


Happy October! I can't believe the end of this year is coming up. They've had Christmas decorations up since the beginning of this month!

Al's L&L is doing great! He's not home much but he loves it and it's something that's his own. How many people can say that? I'm supportive because I know not many people can say they love what they do. Or they love what they do but they are working for Corporate America. It's still never really your own.

Some thoughts recently:

My son is pretty awesome. I know everyone says that about their kids...and well, to every parent it's true. He is now age 3. I love this age and this time. I can have full conversations with him, we joke around, I teach him things, he teaches me things. He catches on to the humor. I have to admit--I wasn't into the newborn phase. I was always stressed out and tired. Having waited until I was 34 to have a child, you kind of get used to what your life is like without one. And let me tell you, having a dog doesn't compare. Yeah, it's a great starter to joint resoponsibility and the care, feeding and nuturing of a life, but having a child is completely different. Anyone that has kids knows what I'm talking about.

I love how aware children are. My son will recall lines from movies or his favorite shows or things we have said weeks later and add them into a conversation where it actually makes sense. They really do hear and see what is going on around them. Don't let their age fool you. They may be innocent but they aren't clueless.

It's too bad a lot of us 'grown ups' are. Pay attention people.

No comments: